Saturday, August 1, 2026

Quiz for Lessons 421 - 425 - Mechanics - Punctuation - Hyphens

View Quiz - Print Quiz

Instructions: Supply hyphens where they are needed in these sentences.

1. The Anglo French contest for North America was early in our history.

2. Take a word and work backward to its back formation.

3. I need to deemphasize some of those old concepts.

4. There is a twin bill at the drive in.

5. I hate his so what attitude that he always uses on us.

6. My new brother in law will be here for a visit soon.

7. I love that good to the last drop taste which this has.

8. The test is on chapters 8 through 12 in the math text.

9. The store has its annual better than ever price sale this week.

10. Your off the cuff remarks made for a great interview.


--For answers scroll down.












Answers:

1. The Anglo-French contest for North America was early in our history.

2. Take a word and work backward to its back-formation.

3. I need to de-emphasize some of those old concepts.

4. There is a twin bill at the drive-in.

5. I hate his so-what attitude that he always uses on us.

6. My new brother-in-law will be here for a visit soon.

7. I love that good-to-the-last-drop taste which this has.

8. The test is on chapters 8-12 in the math text.

9. The store has its annual better-than-ever price sale this week.

10. Your off-the-cuff remarks made for a great interview.



For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our lesson archive. Our lessons are also available to purchase in eBookWorkbook, and Worksheet format.

No comments:

Post a Comment