Saturday, February 5, 2022

Quiz for Lessons 366 - 370 - Mechanics - Punctuation - Commas

View quiz on Daily Grammar

Instructions: Place commas or other punctuation where they are needed.

1. "Is it time to go " asked Irene.

2. "I did not do it " said the convict "I wasn't even here yesterday."

3. He wanted to go to the party but no one would give him a ride.

4. He had read all the trilogy; consequently he didn't have a new book to read.

5. He exclaimed "Don't go that way!"

6. "You didn't " she said "tell me that you felt that way."

7. "You will do what I asked or you will not get your allowance."

8. "Will you repair my car today " he asked "I need it for tomorrow."

9. "I will do my best " answered the mechanic "but I cannot guarantee that I will be finished."

10. He didn't know the final answer; thus he lost all the money.


--For answers scroll down.











Answers:

1. "Is it time to go?" asked Irene.

2. "I did not do it," said the convict. "I wasn't even here yesterday."

3. He wanted to go to the party, but no one would give him a ride.

4. He had read all the trilogy; consequently, he didn't have a new book to read.

5. He exclaimed, "Don't go that way!"

6. "You didn't," she said, "tell me that you felt that way."

7. "You will do what I asked, or you will not get your allowance."

8. "Will you repair my car today?" he asked. "I need it for tomorrow."

9. "I will do my best," answered the mechanic, "but I cannot guarantee that I will be finished."

10. He didn't know the final answer; thus, he lost all the money.



For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our lesson archive. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook and a workbook format.

No comments:

Post a Comment