Monday, February 14, 2022

Lesson 376 - Mechanics - Punctuation - Quotation Marks

View lesson on Daily Grammar

Use quotation marks around the titles of short stories, short plays, short poems and short musical compositions; of art works, articles, chapters, essays, and speeches; of radio and television programs. 
 
Example: 
My favorite painting is "Blue Boy."

Instructions: Use quotation marks where needed in these sentences.

1. I was very interested in the article Our Missing President.

2. I loved the old television program Maverick.

3. Have you read Miniver Cheevy, the short narrative poem?

4. At Christmas time I love to read The Gift of the Magi, a short story by O. Henry.

5. That song playing is Greensleeves, isn't it?


--For answers scroll down.











Answers:

1. I was very interested in the article "Our Missing President."

2. I loved the old television program "Maverick."

3. Have you read "Miniver Cheevy," the short narrative poem?

4. At Christmas time I love to read "The Gift of the Magi," a short story by O. Henry.

5. That song playing is "Greensleeves," isn't it?



For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our lesson archive. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook and a workbook format.

No comments:

Post a Comment