Saturday, February 12, 2022

Quiz for Lessons 371 - 375 - Mechanics - Punctuation - Quotation Marks

View quiz on Daily Grammar

Instructions: Use quotation marks and capitals where needed in these sentences.

1. That is an interesting story, said Sarah.

2. Could you, asked Jack, tell us some more stories?

3. I like old stories from long ago, remarked Jane. My mother used to read them to me.

4. Joe said that he had heard the story before.

5. I doubt that you know what your are talking about, stated Charlie. Well, replied Joe, you are incorrect this time. Charlie looking at Joe then said, I apologize for my unkind remark.

6. The children said that they would look for more books with interesting old stories.

7. Have you ever been to Persia? asked Henry. No, I haven't, said Bill, and it is not called Persia now. What is is called now, inquired Jane.

8. Look, cried Sarah, Mom is bringing refreshments!

9. This sure has been a fun day, guys, giggled Jack.

10. I hope we can do this again soon, said Bill. There is so much to learn from good stories.


--For answers scroll down.











Answers:

1. "That is an interesting story," said Sarah.

2. "Could you," asked Jack, "tell us some more stories?"

3. "I like old stories from long ago," remarked Jane. "My mother used to read them to me."

4. Joe said that he had heard the story before.


5. "I doubt that you know what you are talking about," stated Charlie.

"Well," replied Joe, "you are incorrect this time."

Charlie looking at Joe then said, "I apologize for my unkind remark."


6. The children said that they would look for more books with interesting old stories.


7. "Have you ever been to Persia?" asked Henry.

"No, I haven't," said Bill, "and it is not called Persia now."

"What is is called now?" inquired Jane.


8. "Look," cried Sarah, "Mom is bringing refreshments!"

9. "This sure has been a fun day, guys," giggled Jack.

10. "I hope we can do this again soon," said Bill. "There is so much to learn from good stories."



For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our lesson archive. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook and a workbook format.

No comments:

Post a Comment