Thursday, April 21, 2022

Lesson 414 - Mechanics - Punctuation - Apostrophes

View lesson on Daily Grammar

In writing conversation, use apostrophes to show letters omitted in colloquial or careless speech.

Example: 
He prob'ly will be playin' football.

Instructions: Supply the apostrophes in the following sentences.

1. We are all goin with you tonight.

2. I am runnin this place, and I am not wantin any help.

3. I do not want help from you r anyone else.

4. This souwestern will be a bad storm.

5. I blieve I will be going now.


--For answers scroll down.











Answers:

1. We are all goin' with you tonight.

2. I am runnin' this place, and I am not wantin' any help.

3. I do not want help from you 'r anyone else.

4. This sou'western will be a bad storm.

5. I b'lieve I will be going now.



For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our lesson archive. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook and a workbook format.

No comments:

Post a Comment