Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Lesson 368 - Mechanics - Punctuation - Commas

View lesson on Daily Grammar

Use a comma or commas to separate the exact words of the speaker from the rest of the sentence unless the sense of the sentence requires some other punctuation. In quoted words, the comma always goes inside the quotation marks.
 
Examples: 
"I can help you now," said the clerk. 
The clerk said, "I can help you now."

Instructions: Place commas or other punctuation where they are needed.

1. "What time is it " she asked.

2. "Come with me " said the guide.

3. "Don't leave me " shouted the little girl.

4. The man replied "I believe you."

5. The passenger inquired "What time is it?"


--For answers scroll down.











Answers:

1. "What time is it?" she asked.

2. "Come with me," said the guide.

3. "Don't leave me!" shouted the little girl.

4. The man replied, "I believe you."

5. The passenger inquired, "What time is it?"



For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our lesson archive. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook and a workbook format.

No comments:

Post a Comment