Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Lesson 358 - Mechanics - Punctuation - Commas

View lesson on Daily Grammar

Use a comma after an introductory dependent adverb clause
 
Example: 
If you want to see the Olympics, order your tickets now.

Instructions: Place commas where they are needed.

1. When my luggage arrives I will give you your present.

2. After the game was over both the team and the fans celebrated.

3. If you do not believe me ask the rest of those present.

4. Although I am afraid I will lead you through the woods.

5. Where the troops are we are going.


--For answers scroll down.











Answers:

1. When my luggage arrives, I will give you your present.

2. After the game was over, both the team and the fans celebrated.

3. If you do not believe me, ask the rest of those present.

4. Although I am afraid, I will lead you through the woods.

5. Where the troops are, we are going.



For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our lesson archive. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook and a workbook format.

No comments:

Post a Comment