Instructions: Using all the knowledge learned in the previous lessons, find the verb, subjects, predicate nominatives, direct objects, appositives, nouns of address, and adjectives in the following sentences.
1. The dog became noisy.
2. Are many women famous athletes?
3. Both girls have been enjoying their vacation, a trip to Disneyland.
4. These black shoes are my favorite ones.
5. Ann, did you see Chris's new camera?
--For answers scroll down.
1. became = verb; dog = subject; noisy = predicate adjective; the = adjective
2. are = verb; women = subject; athletes = predicate nominative; many, famous = adjectives
3. have been enjoying = verb; girls = subject; vacation = direct object; trip = appositive; both, their, a = adjectives
4. are = verb; shoes = subject; ones = predicate nominative; these, black, my, favorite = adjectives
5. did see = verb; you = subject; camera = direct object; Ann = noun of address; Chris's, new = adjectives