Interjections, like the introductory there, do not fit grammatically with the rest of the sentence. They are never the subject. They come at the beginning of a sentence and may be set off with a comma. Example: Oh, I like your new car.
Instructions: Find the subject, verb, and interjections in these sentences.
1. Hey, what are you doing over there?
2. Yes, I would like that very much.
3. Well, Joe did it.
4. Yippee! Our team won the game.
5. Gosh, how did you do that?
--For answers scroll down.
1. you - subject, are doing - verb, hey - interjection
2. I - subject, would like - verb, yes - interjection
3. Joe - subject, did - verb, well - interjection
4. team - subject, won - verb, yippee - interjection
5. you - subject, did do - verb, gosh - interjection