Instructions: Remembering what was taught in Lesson 71, find the prepositions in these sentences. Remember that a preposition must have an object to complete it.
1. I like the color of the curtain on the window.
2. Jane walked along in the rain during the shower.
3. Hang the picture up or set it down behind the couch.
4. Eric was shining his light around in the car beside us.
5. The bird swooped down, picked up the mouse, and landed on the fence.
--For answers scroll down.
1. of, on - because they have objects
2. in, during
4. in, beside
5. on - (up appears to have an object, but really it is telling how or where the bird picked the mouse. You are really saying "The bird picked the mouse up.")