The adverb badly is used to tell how something is done. The adjective bad is used to refer to health or feelings and to complete linking verbs such as seem, look, taste, smell.
Instructions: Choose the correct form for each of the following sentences.
1. Our football team played (bad, badly) last night.
2. John felt (bad, badly) about the loss.
3. The medicine doesn't taste too (bad, badly).
4. Our science project went (bad, badly).
5. The air in the sewer smelled (bad, badly).
--For answers scroll down.