Use this or that with kind or sort because both are singular; use these or those with kinds or sorts because both are plural. Examples: this or that kind of stocks, these or those kinds of stocks, this or that sort of people, these or those sorts of people
Instructions: Choose the correct word (this, that, these, those) for each of the blanks in these sentences.
1. _____ sort of computer is much better.
2. Paul bought ____ kind of car.
3. I like ____ sorts of cars better.
4. ____ kinds of problems are hard.
5. What did ____ sorts of shoes cost?
--For answers scroll down.
1. this or that
2. this or that
3. these or those
4. these or those
5. these or those