Use a hyphen with ex, elect, and vice when they are used to form part of a title. Example: president-elect
Instructions: Supply hyphens where they are needed in these sentences.
1. George W. Bush is now our President elect.
2. Some people wonder what will happen to our ex President.
3. Carter Jones was named vice consul to India.
4. Our vice president will now speak to us.
5. Our ex secretary will become our vice chairman next year.
--For answers scroll down.
1. George W. Bush is now our President-elect.
2. Some people wonder what will happen to our ex-President.
3. Carter Jones was named vice-consul to India.
4. Our vice-president will now speak to us.
5. Our ex-secretary will become our vice-chairman next year.